State of Minnesota
Department of Law and Public Safety
Division of State Police
Request for Examination of Evidence
Crime: Burglary In the County of: Hennepin
Lab No: 091105-1 Submitting Agency: WHS Forensics Unit
Victim: Eric Nettime Suspect: Joe Barnell
Forward Replies to: Capt. C. Salokar
Investigated by: Sgt. J. Linn Delivered by: P. Qapmoc
Brief History of Case: Door forced open with blunt instrument. Laptop equipment removed from locked cupboard, also forced open with blunt instrument. Suspect found in hall, unable to bend to pick up dropped ethernet cord. Search revealed crowbar in back of jacket. Backpack found in garbage can around corner from suspect's position. Backpack contained laptop and hardware.
1. Comparison, end of specimen 1 with marks on 8 & 9.
2. Comparison, specimen 5 with 6 & 7.
3. Determination of marks on specimen 3 consistent with marks on 4
List of Specimens:
1. One (1) twelve in crowbar -- suspect's
2. One (ethernet cord)
3. One laptop with cord, CD drive, USB adapter
4. Blood --smear collected from suspect
5 Blood -- smear collected from crowbar
6. Blood -- smear collected from cupboard door
7. Tool marks on main door
8. Tool marks on cupboard
Note: Photos of above scene to be forwarded to Cpt. C. Salokar